Monday, February 28, 2011

The Blues News 10PM EST

The Blues News 10PM EST « Holistic Lifestyles Radio

The Blues News 10PM EST

by Holistic Lifestyles Radio on Jul.07, 2010, under Home

Tony Dellaria – Staff Photographer

Dellaria & Associates, Inc.

Blues Photography

Based in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania, I grew up with Music including Blues, R&B, Jazz and Rock & Roll. My older sister and brother fed me their old 8 tracks and vinyl, and I knew at an early age that music could satisfy the soul! I learned to play the drums in my early teens, taking lessons from the late Butch Tucker, a prominent Jazz drummer and sought my way to the big time, with dreams of fame and fortune. Well, fame and fortune never really came about, but a transition through playing various genres of music through the eighties finally led me back to the roots of the blues in 1990. Check out more about Tony At http://www.bluessource.com/content.php?name=Anthony Dellaria

While finishing my engineering degree in Syracuse NY, I met a Harp player named Midnight Mike Pettroff (The Dirty Pool, Syracuse, NY). Mike encouraged me to be more open minded as a musician, and after I got honest about the music that made me feel the best, I realized that somehow all good music somehow emanates from the BLUES!

After moving to Tampa Florida in 1993, I had the opportunity to play with another great Harp player, Mr. Philip Bozman, better know as “Nitro”. The list of great, but little known Blues players I have had the opportunity to meet and even play with goes on.

While attending the Tampa Bay and Sarasota Blues Festivals in 1993 -1994, I began taking photographs of various artists, and found another passion other than playing the Blues. Thanks to photographers, journalists, and Blues Fans like Gary Miller and Tim Richards, I became inspired to take the photography a little more seriously, and was encouraged to do something with my photographs. I also got some great support from the Long Island Blues Society, and I suppose I need to mention my wife!

I lucked out in June of 2004, and obtained press access to Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Festival in Dallas Texas, and since that turning point have tried to attend as many Blues Festivals as time and money allow. There is just something very special about being right up there next to the Artist and getting that special look that lets me know everything really is going to beall right, just like Muddy said!

I post some of my photos at www.msnusers.com/tonydellariasbluespics, although the site needs some serious attention! Also, Gary Miller has given me some great opportunities to post right here at bluessource.com. www.BluesSource.com brings you the real deal when it comes to covering the Blues. I hope you connect often!