Friday, February 25, 2011

Don’t Give Up Before The Miracle Happens!!

Don’t Give Up Before The Miracle Happens!! « Holistic Lifestyles Radio

Don’t Give Up Before The Miracle Happens!!

by Holistic Lifestyles Radio on Jun.04, 2010, under Home

John Hollis Co-Founder

When you’ve tried over and over again to get sober and clean don’t let peoples beliefs of you determine who you are or how you want to be. When you hear things like he/she will never get it. Remember the same person had to go though their own struggles to finally make a decision to choice in to a sober and clean lifestyle. I think some times we forget that God sends us people to show love to because the last word you say just might be the last words they hear.

I think of a guy I knew as I was struggling to choice in to this lifestyle that I now choice to live. He was outside a 12 step meeting he had just relapsed again. His sponsor and his sponsor’s sponsor was there along with a few others as they told him he would never get this lifestyle, how he was incapable of being honest, how they just needed to let him go because he just didn’t really want what they had. After receiving a verbal beating for twenty minutes he left crying, shaking with a thirty yard stare. It was only one hour later that he though him self in front of a train. When I finally accepted this lifestyle I try to always remember the last words you say just might be the last words they hear.

Through all my experiences I know that love from people made me keep coming back. All we have is this minute lets try to make each minute better then the last no matter what we’re feeling or how the minutes are going. Be good to yourselves and be good to others and always remember God doesn’t make junk. We will find the help we need because God will place them in your life just as you need them or they need you. Don’t give up before the miracle happens.