Saturday, December 26, 2009

Holistic Lifestyles Radio Show - Dr.Whitaker of Whitaker Wellness

Holistic Lifestyles Radio Show - Dr.Whitaker of Whitaker Wellness Click on Head Lines And Listen Live Now
Julian Whitaker: In His Own Words As a long-time practitioner of alternative medicine, I am often asked why I took the "road less traveled." I certainly didn't set out to be unconventional. I graduated from Dartmouth College in 1966, earned my medical degree at Emory University Medical School in Atlanta in 1970, and completed my internship at Grady Memorial Hospital. More about Dr. Whitaker. 2009 marks a HUGE milestone—the 30th anniversary of Dr. Whitaker's lifetime work and passion…the Whitaker Wellness Institute. His goal was to help heal people when conventional medicine had failed them, turning lives around by blending the alternative therapies with the best of conventional medicine. More about the institute. The inspiration to open the clinic came to Dr. Whitaker back in the mid 1970's, when he spent six months as a staff physician working with Nathan Pritikin at the Longevity Institute. As Dr. Whitaker puts it, “The dramatic recoveries I saw there inspired me to develop my own treatment program to help people improve their health, and even more importantly, get their lives back.” To date, the Whitaker Wellness Institute has treated more than 40,000 patients, and the results have been absolutely remarkable.